YOUR FIRST VISIT
FOR AN ORTHODONTIC EVALUATION
A word from dentist Dr. Benoît Carrier
« Know that it is never too late to undergo orthodontic treatment. In fact, many patients do not hesitate to recommend their friends, colleagues, parents and children, which represents a mark of appreciation for the Repentigny and Montreal dental teams! »
Why should a visit to the dentist be made for orthodontic evaluation early in a child’s life?
Experts agree that an initial orthodontic evaluation is advisable for children from the age of 7 years old. The reason is quite simple: most orthodontic problems must be treated early enough to avoid the unfortunate consequences of dental malocclusion.
Malocclusion and its possible complications
Malocclusion refers to the pathology that causes inconsistency in the alignment of the patient’s teeth. When left untreated, this condition can interfere with proper functioning of the jaw and sometimes have very serious consequences, such as:
- Difficulty for the patient to close the mouth or clench the teeth together
- Obstruction of the tongue
- Persistent pain in the jaw, even when resting
- Sleep Apnea
- Articular pain
- Gum disease
Fortunately, several cases can be more easily corrected when identified earlier, in other words, before the child’s jaw ends its growth phase.
Whether you consult with Dr. Carrier for orthodontic treatment for children, adolescents or adults, you will benefit from his advice on choosing the most appropriate method for your lifestyle.
Orthodontic evaluation process in our dental centers
During your first visit to the Centre dentaire Repentigny or Centre dentaire Amari, a detailed clinical and radiological evaluation of your teeth, jaw and face will be performed.
If we see the need for orthodontic treatment, please note that Dr. Carrier’s dental centers are committed to:
- Providing each patient with results commensurate with their expectations
- Contribute to the most comfortable and pleasant experience possible throughout the treatment
We also offer solutions adapted to all budgets
During your orthodontic evaluation, we will inform you about the following points:
• The causes of the problem
• An estimation of the best time to begin orthodontic treatment
• Your eligibility for different types of treatment: invisible orthodontics, lingual orthodontics, 3D orthodontics, etc.
• The estimated duration of treatment and frequency of follow-up appointments
• A realistic estimate of the costs incurred by the treatment and the various flexible and adapted payment methods offered by Dr. Benoît Carrier
• The transfer of the estimates to various insurance companies